Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Rina's Intro

Rina Patel; Junior (third year); Biology major

Hello everyone! I thought I’d list out the top three important pieces of information so I can get to the good stuff! I am super excited about going to South Africa, especially so because of the study abroad program that I’m participating in; Uconn in Cape Town.  This specific program offers more than just living and studying in a different country, but also valuable experiences and opportunities. 

 I wanted to study abroad with this program because it combined many of my interests.  Learning about other cultures is something I enjoy, and a better way to learn is to immerse yourself into it! I love traveling as well and I place importance on helping others- because we are so lucky/blessed/fortunate, I think we should “share the wealth.”

I hope to learn more about myself, and refine my ideas about my life goals and the steps I need to take in order to achieve them. This program is the best fit for me because it will help me to better myself.

I’m nervous but excited about my internship.  My placement is with the Children’s Resource Center, teaching students about environmental conservation.  This is another connection with my interests and future, because I hope to be involved with these types of efforts. 

I’m the most excited about the activist project.  I hope to do something artistic with the South African children, maybe with poetry.  I also want to help out at a clinic or with the Red Cross. 
            
I can’t wait! Let’s go already!

No comments:

Post a Comment