Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Intro from Sam

Hello everyone!! My name is Sam and I am a sophomore at the University of Connecticut. My major is Human Development and Family Studies, but I am hoping to get into the School of Education for Elementary Education. I had considered studying abroad before but I hadn’t really thought about it too much and I didn’t know where I even wanted to go. Then at the beginning of the school year I became friends with one of the people who went to Cape Town last year. I started to talk to him about it and hearing about his experiences got me really interested in the program. I loved the fact that we get to have an internship while we are there and we get to do a lot of human’s right work. As I learned more about Cape Town I was hooked and knew I had to apply and now I can’t wait to arrive.

I can’t believe that in just over a week this whole adventure will begin. I am extremely excited to get there and learn more about Cape Town and South Africa as a whole. I know I am going to learn more than I can even imagine right now and can’t wait to take in all the experiences that are ahead. I am especially excited for my internship at Christel House where I will get to be in a school with children and be able to learn about the education system in South Africa and compare it to our own. I look forward to this opportunity and know that it will be something I will remember for the rest of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment