Thursday, April 5, 2012

Michael: thankful for the experiences


I am extremely thankful for all the experiences that living in Cape Town, and the program has provided me. In day to day experiences and on this blog I may express cynicism about some things, but every experience has helped me grow, and most have made me happier.

I guess I will use this blog to reflect and list all the amazing things that I have gotten to do in no sequence other then how they pop into my head.




-See live Jazz by top musicians in venues unlike I would find anywhere in the States.
-Work at major newspaper in a major city.
-Have article I have worked on and written be published.
-Live and have amazing amounts of fun with 20 other 20-something year olds in a beautiful house.
-Learned to surf
-Went on safari’s.
-Been to the meeting point of two oceans.
-Swam with penguins.
-Been atop one of the 7 natural wonders of the world.
-Learned from 3 incredibly intelligent and open teachers.
-Made strong friendships with people I would of never met.
-Met some of the sweetest kids in the world.
-Continually had the opportunity to have insightful meaningful conversations with amazing people.

The list goes on I just thought I would spend some time showing my appreciation.

So thanks again, Marita, Vernon, Vincent, Ben, Greta, fellow students, parents, and UCONN admin for making this a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment