Monday, April 2, 2012

Brittany: Missing you Cape Town, already

Erica, Brittany, Nellie

With only thirty days left, I have mixed emotions about leaving Cape Town. While there is part of me that wants to go back and see my friends and family, there is also a part of me that wants to stay here with my family and friends. As April draws closer, I feel pressure to make the most of the time I have left. I decided that for this blog I would focus on the things I enjoyed most in Cape Town.
           
Cape Town is tops down one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen. Every morning I wake up, I walk to the train station with a beautiful background of Table Mountain. The mountain looks so magnificent as it is surrounded by clouds. As I travel on my commute to town, I can see still the mountains in the background. I can’t escape the mountains wherever I go, not that I would want to. However, the mountains are not the only beauty Cape Town that I am going to miss. I going to miss being in such close proximity to the water. All I have to do is hop on a train or taxi and I can see beautiful beaches such as Muizenberg and Camps Bay. I will miss being able to walk around down town Cape Town. I realize how privileged I am to take advantage of this beauty. Unfortunately, all people of Cape Town do not have easy accessibility to these beautiful resources. However, I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly of Cape Town and I am still in love with it! I just hope that more Capetonians will be able to enjoy the beauty of their own resources.
           
Most of all, I have grown to love the people of Cape Town. At work, school and church, I’ve met people who I won’t forget. In addition to learning so much about law at the State Attorney’s, the people I work with are so great and loving. I have to give a shout out to my girls and travels buddies Tasneem, Robin, Ashleigh and Angelique. I will miss them so much. Also, I will miss the strong and lovable professionals with whom I work. Church is a weekly habit that I have really come to enjoy. I’ve talked before about the Ubuntu spirit I’ve experienced from church. I only wish I had more time to spend with my church family.
           
The other day I was talking with my father when he states “You’ll be back in only four weeks! What can happen in four weeks?” I have to admit those words threw me into a mini depression. I realized how short of a time I have left. I miss my family but I am determined to make the best of the time I have left. What can happen in four weeks? The answer is Alot!

No comments:

Post a Comment