Monday, April 9, 2012

Meika reflects on her co-educators

Tonight, everyone from the Big House got together for a group dinner.  We decided to make it breakfast-themed so we made French toast, hash browns, eggs, etc.  It was a last minute idea but everyone pitched in and it ended up being so good and a lot of fun.  While we ate, each person went around and said what they were grateful for.  It was silly and adorable and serious all at once.  I think the happy vibes of our communal dinner really got everyone thinking, and most people ended up saying something about our group.  Somebody said that they were grateful we all got to be a part of each other’s journeys here.  Another person said they were grateful we met as it was unlikely we would have been friends at UConn.  Someone else said they were grateful because they were sure they’d learned something from each person.  As we enter our final month, I can already feel myself mentally preparing to leave, and reflecting on my time spent here.  Our group is full of different personalities but I think I’ve grown to appreciate everyone’s differences and the contributions they make to the group.  There is no doubt in my mind that everyone on this trip has shared a very special experience.  I don’t think I will ever be able to think back on my time in Cape Town without thinking of each and everyone of them.  After we ate, everyone just hung around and talked, which we don’t always get to do as a whole group.  It was a nice night.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment