Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Amariliz's Introduction

HELLO!!!  I am Amariliz Jurado, I am an MCB Major. I have been planning to study abroad since spring semester of my freshman year. I originally found this program with the help of a good friend and mentor Luis Ramos. I was considering going to Europe or South America but he suggested I expand my mind. He found this program and ever since it has been on my top list of programs to do. I have set up my schedule so I can afford to study abroad and not take any science classes and still graduate on time.

After talking to people who have previously participated in this program and seeing their overall satisfaction, I was really motivated to apply.  Talking to these previous participants assured me that this was the type of program I have been searching for. I knew that I wanted to travel the world but always with the intention of making a difference: of being useful and this program provides both of those requirements.

Ever since my acceptance I have not been able to shake this happy anxiety and I cannot wait to find myself in Cape Town and learn all that there is to learn, both about myself and about others. It still feels a little surreal but after the whole process application, interview and the class I know that I made the correct decision and cannot wait to see it through.

 I VERY EXCITED!!!!  It hasn’t really hit me that I will not be in this country next semester but it will as soon as I land in South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment