Thursday, December 22, 2011

Kimmi's introduction

Hello! My name is Kimmi! My major is pre-elementary education. I wish to become a Kindergarten teacher one day! What drew me most to this study abroad program was the internship where I will be teaching in a classroom setting three days a week. I'm so excited to be in a different country and being able to observe how they value education over in South Africa. I believe that this is going to be a life changing experience. I can't wait to begin. I know that there will be many challenges on the way missing my friends, family and boyfriend. But in the end I hope to gain more insight to different cultures and people and also I hope to grow from this amazing experience. I was also drawn to this particular program because it is South Africa! It's all the way across the world, I have never been or traveled anywhere as unique or different as South Africa. When I was learning about it in my pre-departure class it just got me more and more excited. I love all the students I will be going with as well and I can't wait to get to know them

No comments:

Post a Comment