Monday, May 7, 2012

Erica saying "see you later!"



Our flight from Cape Town to Johannesburg would depart at 5 and our final house meeting was to take place at about 1 p.m. Waking up Monday morning the only thing I wanted to do before I left Cape Town was to ride a mini bus. I boarded a mini bus across the Red Cross Hospital going into town.  As the music was blasting I looked out the window soaking in my last day in Cape Town reflecting on everything I have done and experienced during my trip.  I began to think about how Cape Town has given me the opportunity to experience certain events for the first time.  For the first time I went hiking and hiked Lions Head for the sunset and the rising of the moon.  I bungy jumped off of the highest commercial Bungy bridge in the world (708 feet).  Because of my internship I was able to teach classes for the first time to amazing students. I was able to live in a house with 16 co-educators and was that an interesting experience.  In all, I am forever grateful to Cape Town for my experience. So as I get ready to leave Cape Town and return home I would like to think that this is not a good bye, but a see you later!


Erica




No comments:

Post a Comment