Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Erica sees Cape Town in her future!


It has been about a month now and I cannot stop thinking about Cape Town. In everything that I do here in the states I always reflect back to Cape Town and what I would be doing. Being back home is a great feeling and I realized how much I miss my family.  My first week back home was really hectic because I was preparing for graduation and meeting with friends and family members. I spent the weekend at Storrs with my friend Sharielle (who participated in this program last year), Sophia (my roommate from last semester), and Brittany.  

Being back home is a little overwhelming because everyone wants to know about my trip, but I find it hard to explain my experiences. Some of my experiences are complex and not everyone would understand. I just want my friends and family members to go to South Africa and create their own experience.


While being here I have kept in contact with some students, teachers, and friends that I have made in Cape Town.  Many people are asking me “So Erica would you go back to Cape Town”? Without any hesitation my answer is YES!


Recently, an individual asked me “What is my great accomplishment?” and I was proud to say that I just graduated from the University of Connecticut. It has been four challenging, but great years that have impacted me in many ways. Spending my last semester in Cape Town is one of the best decisions I have made. I am excited to see what my future entails, and trust me Cape Town is definitely in my future.

Erica with her parents following her graduation.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life...

    Study Abroad

    ReplyDelete